July 30, 2012- Milkin Mamas | 0
Summertime means picnics, parties and fun! This Southwest pasta salad is delicious and oh so easy to make. Mamas need to eat good in order to give their babies the Best Start Possible and this pasta salad is definitely good eats!
- one package of corkscrew style pasta (13-16 ounces)
- 1/3 cup canola OR olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15oz can corn, drained
- 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12oz jar of roasted red peppers, chopped and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 block of spicy pepper jack OR monterey jack cheese, cubed
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in salty water. Drain but do not rinse.
- Combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic. Mix well (or shake in a jar). Toss with warm pasta and cool to room temperature.
- Add corn, black beans, roasted peppers, cilantro, green onions and cheese.
- Toss all ingredients together and chill in refrigerator for a couple of hours or until ready to serve.